Iowa Pet Adoptions assists pet owners seeking to find new homes for their pets. This service is for pet owners who want to keep their pet until the pet finds a new home.
We charge a $5 fee for assistance, and this fee is fully reimbursed once you have found a new home for your pet, whether through us or some other way. We charge a fee to encourage people only when they are seriously planning to adopt out their pet.
We provide assistance in three ways:
- posting pets on our website and adoption portals including PetFinder, AdoptAPet, and DogTime and CatTime
- contacting veterinary references of potential adopters, and performing a basic background check
- we have discount programs in place in case the pet needs to be neutered / spayed, vaccinated, microchipped, and so on prior to adoption - you will need to pay these costs yourself
All cats and dogs we place must be:
- spayed or neutered, microchipped, vaccinated for rabies, vaccinated for other core diseases relevant to the type of pet
- friendly towards humans, no bite history - if a pet does not get along with other pet types that is fine, but you must let us and adopters know
While your pet is up for adoption, you will be contacted directly by potential adopters. You will need to respond to their questions. You should refer the potential adopter to our application so we can perform a reference check. Please let us know what happens with each inquiry. If we lose contact with you, we will have to remove your pet from the listings.
If you want to keep in touch with the adopter it is fine to ask. However, you should trust the adopter enough to trust their pet care abilities.
You must be logged in to fill out the form below.
LOGIN if you already have an account.
REGISTER to create a new account.